Custom designs for your Kansas City home.Martin Faith
With custom stained glass, Kansas City residents have the opportunity to add art, beauty, aesthetic uniqueness, and true value to their homes. However, in our two decades in business we have run into a lot of misconceptions as to what the term “custom” actually means.
Many people immediately assume that the cost will be out of their reach. Others believe custom is the same as one-of-a-kind, and that no one else on earth will have the pattern that they have. And yet others suspect that custom is just a meaningless advertising term that doesn’t really mean anything.
When it comes to custom, Kansas City Stained Glass would like to set the record straight by explaining exactly what we do, fascinating start to fabulous finish. Here are the steps that take place when you decide you would like some custom stained glass in your Kansas City home or office.
1. One of our local designers will visit you in your home, to measure the windows or doors and to help you choose the design you want. We work in a broad array of styles from antique to Art Deco to Mission and many more. You can look through our previous designs, or work with the designer to create something unique to you.
2. Once the design, types of glass, colors (or no colors), and pattern are decided upon, we’ll take that information and create a CAD pattern. We use computer software to ensure a that each custom stained glass panel is a perfect fit into your window or door.
3. Once the pattern is finalized and approved, it is assigned to one of our local custom stained glass Kansas City artisans. This master craftsman still uses the traditional hand-building methods that have served stained glass artists well for centuries. That means the artisan assigned to your project will actually cut each piece of glass by hand, to match the pattern pieces. The window will be assembled by hand, soldered, polished, and admired at every stage.
4. It’s installation time! Using our own special installation methods, the window will land in its new home in your home, allowing the sun to make it even more beautiful than it already is.
5. The last step? Your enjoyment of your custom stained glass window, for many years to come.
Now, let’s address the issue of custom things costing an arm and a leg. Not necessarily so. For our custom stained glass, Kansas City clients on a budget need to know two considerations. Size, and complexity of design. The bigger the panel, the more it will cost. The more tiny pieces of glass, the more it will cost.
Let us work with you to create the most gorgeous custom stained glass, Kansas City and surrounding towns, that will fit within your budget and gorgeously grace your home.